By Eric Sandler, Culture Map
1. Celebrity chef Andrew Zimmern films at 6 Houston restaurants for Travel Channel show. The celebrity chef and TV host spent last weekend filming for his show The Zimmern List at places like Gatlin’s BBQ and Himalaya.
2. Dear J.J. Watt, here’s where to eat great Italian food in Houston. When many of the Texans star’s Twitter followers suggested he dine at Olive Garden, we stepped in with some better, locally-owned options.
3. Dive into Houston’s highly anticipated pool bar, now open near downtown. With a design by Gin Braverman and drinks by Chris Frankel, the El Segundo Swim Club offers a stylish place to cool off this summer.
4. Beloved Midtown restaurant closes for renovation but promises to be back soon. Harry’s Restaurant will reopen next month with an updated look and new coffee options.
5. Popular Indian-inspired Upper Kirby pub announces last call. After eight years of serving up curries and cocktails, The Queen Vic Pub & Kitchen shutters on July 15.